Thursday, September 07, 2006

This morning at 5am I took Clay to the airport. He's heading down to the peninsula to guide for the moose hunt for 2 weeks. It was the first time in about 3 months that I'd seen the moon. What a beautiful moon! And lo and behold, a small aurora borealis also shimmering in the sky. Up here it can be worth it to get up early! I was reminded of our first October up here. (2002) One night we had a tremendous show of the northern lights and it was the next day that we were hit with a record setting earthquake. Amazing! It's really lovely outside with all the colors changing, yet still so much green. I wish the season lasted longer, but the reality is that by the time Clay returns it will be winter.
We still have people cleaning our home. It finally looks like they are getting somewhere. All our ceilings were repainted, the couch and chair cleaned and I think today they'll be doing the carpets.
Mom made it safely home from Montana. She'll be making plans to return next month.
What to do for the next 2 weeks?? Hmmm, I'm sure I could find lots of trouble to get into, but I better keep things cool. No one would know what to think if I ever got into real trouble! No matter what, I'm always busy. I'm sure it will take a few days to finally get my house back in order. Hopefully we get our curtains back soon. I'm starting to feel weird about that.

No comments: