Sunday, October 15, 2006

This card did not scan well for the color. It's actually vintage violet and I made it for a purple and black card swap. At first I had the trick or treat card inside of the mini envelope, sticking out so you could see to pull it, but it made the rest of the card look very plain so I glued it to the top. I think it looks much better now.
We had a small skiff (sp??) of snow last night and it is cold enough (27) to keep it from melting. It's nice to see the ground white again. I love the cool temps too.
I have a more relaxing week at work coming up so that is nice! Wed. is a state holiday for us, Alaska day, and I took Friday off work. I want to get things ready for the altered lunch box class I'm teaching on Saturday.
Everyone is doing well I think. Heard from Jake on Friday and he was finally getting a pay check. He said his training would end early and he was happy about that. He sounded very upbeat. Lauren is lagging pretty far behind in her classes. I wish I could help somehow, but I know better. When I help even a little she takes advantage and she doesn't want to work anymore. It is better for her to learn this way. Clay has a new supervisor at work and this guy is trying to talk Clay into being a driller leadman again. Clay said not without a sufficient raise in pay. The guy said "you got it" and Clay said as soon as he sees it on his paycheck he'll start doing it. We'll see! The increase in pay is always a big help!
I have had a very hard time relaxing and sleeping this weekend, probably because of how jacked up I was for the flu shot exercise. There are still some things I am having a hard time letting go from my mind. Some folks really dropped the ball in ways that affected me and my team's performance. I've learned a lot, but doubt that I will work in the same capacity for it next year if they do it again. I have a hard time working beneath leaders who are control freaks and then freak out when a little mishap occurs.
Time to go rest for a bit and then I have lots to do again for the new week ahead!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda bee,
I love your card. Great use of the Violet cs. I have some but haven't been very creative with it. Hope your weekend is great!

Hugs
Julie

Anonymous said...

Also, Woo Hoo to a pay raise for Clay!