Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sometimes it's good to add photos that are more related to Clay and not me. This is a photo from the hunt he guided down on the peninsula. (Clay on the left)
The lunch box class went pretty well. Working with the Mod Podge on the tins is always a challenge and I think some of the ladies were disappointed at how the paper wrinkled, but it just doesn't seem to smooth out well. Most covered up the wrinkles with embellishments and I think were basically happy. I was given a really nice gift for doing the class. These gals are the best and I'm looking forward to going back and doing more classes.
Next month I'm going to attend one that Shelly is teaching on a bamboo skewer scrapbook.
News from Jake...he traded in his Durango for a Subaru. I can't remember which model it is, but it's a 2002 and is the coupe version of one of their sporty cars. He says it's silver and he sounds like he loves it. He went in looking for a BMW and the salesperson talked him into the car he bought. Jake is now on his own for all his finances. I know he'll do well.
Lauren is still trying to sell her Protege to get the money she needs to fix both it and her new little Chevy.
We are still undecided on whether or not Ches will join us on our trip to NV. I'll be calling the airlines today and getting more answers. We have not practiced with him in going in the carry-on bag, nor have we given him melatonin to see if it will actually aid in calming him. I'm really procrastinating with this, but it's in his best interest.
We had another snow last night and I plan to take some photos today of the results. It was just a couple or so inches. It's still lightly falling, but didn't sound like we'd get much more until Tuesday or Wednesday.
Other local news...there was a shooting just less then a quarter mile from our house on Friday night. Apparently during a party a dispute broke out and someone had a gun. It looked like CSI:Crime out on College Rd. yesterday.
That is about the news of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your blog site - I seem to get the most of the information I enjoy hearing there. So happy your lunch box deal went well & that your were pleased with it - how many turned out? the posting about jake & lauren & clay was all new & fresh & welcome.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda bee! That Moose is huge! I'm sure Clay was happy with that. Glad to hear that Jake is doing well. And LG sounds like she's doing pretty good too. Do you have any scans of your class? Or a project done from it?

Hugs
Julie